What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Widow's Mite

This is one of Dot's favorite experiences. I hope I have all the details right:

When Dot was Relief Society president, there was a woman in their group that was really struggling financially. I'm not sure what her situation was, but her condition was quite dire.

Dot and her counselors decided to have everyone bring some canned food to their monthly activity so that they could collect it and bring it to this woman. Of course, they didn't announce who the food was for because they didn't want to embarrass her.

Well, the activity was going along great and Dot noticed that in walked the woman that they were collecting the food for -- and she had some cans in her hand. Even though they were probably the last bits of food in her home, she was willing to share to help out a "sister" in need.

I'm so grateful for people that look out for others -- and those that are willing to share.

2 comments:

Geo said...

That's a cool story, Lois.

(Actually, all your stories are cool.)

Lois said...

GEO -- yeah, I love that story. I hope I got all the details right.