What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Elder Nigel

Here's another reason why I love and am grateful for my husband, Nigel.

When Nigel was a missionary and an investigator agreed to be baptized, he would have a member of the local area baptize the person so that they would always have a connection to that ward or branch. He knew that he would be transferred to a new location or eventually go back home, so he wanted the new member to have a special bond with someone that would always be close by.

I also love him because I never knew this about him until years later at my own daughter's baptism and one of his old college roommates related this to us in a talk.

I love you, Nigel!

4 comments:

Geo said...

Nigel, you are real.

Lois said...

GEO -- he's real all right. REAL AWESOME!

Kelly said...

this restores some of my lost faith in missionary work, as i keep hearing about missionaries pushed for quantity rather than quality. i like to think of myself as quality - having been baptized in high school by a man in my ward who was also my seminary teachers. oh how i loved the sisters who taught me.

i appreciate this story so much, lois. thank you. and you're very lucky to have a husband so honest and caring.

Lois said...

KC -- sounds like you had some great missionaries.

Yes, I am very lucky.