What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Monday, November 19, 2007

Simple Pleasures III: The Search for Spock

We have a little three-year-old neighbor girl who looks like a complete angel. She has blond hair and always wears the cutest clothes (unlike my children who look like something the cat batted out from underneath the refrigerator).

Anyway, she has a not-so-hidden evil streak that brings me such joy when it comes out.

The other day she was trying to get her one-year-old brother in the house and said to him in her squeaky tiny toddler voice, "Come on, numb-nuts!"

Her father turned around surprised and asked, "What did you say?"

She batted her baby blues at him and replied, "Nothing."

Oh, I'm so thankful for three-year-olds. Rena always called that the "magic" age (though I think she meant that she no longer had to cut up their hot-dogs and they could play with regular toys), but I think everything they do is adorable.

3 comments:

Rynell said...

Hee hee! That evil streak would make me laugh too...

Geo said...

She is "special." Wonder where she heard "numb-nuts"? Hilarious!

Lois said...

RYNELL -- I know, I love those surprise evil streaks in little kids.

GEO -- that's what I was wondering! From her mother???