What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Monday, February 18, 2008

Always Making Plans for Nigel

I love my Nigel.

He's my best friend. There's no one I'd rather talk to. He completely supports me in all that I do. He loves me and adores me. He's always surprising me with thoughtful acts and deeds. He remembers things like the anniversary of our first date.

Mostly, I love Nigel because he can sense when I need him to take over. It's like together we make one competent person. We would make an awesome wrestling tag-team.

Everyone knows that he's a wonderful artist, but he's also a very gifted writer. In fact, he edits most of my posts and comes up with a lot of the more witty titles. I should have him guest on my blog sometime.

Sure he has his share of annoying habits (speaks much too softly on the phone -- his inability to throw away egg shells -- no concept of time and refuses to wear a watch), but then he more than makes up for it by cooking me a delicious dinner, checking the oil in the car, or making me laugh with his latest conspiracy theory.

Oh Nigel, I love you.

5 comments:

Am'n2Deep said...

Have I already mentioned I'm a Nigel fan? :)

Lois said...

AMN2DEEP -- yes, you have. So am I.

Geo said...

Awwww. You guys are my heroes.

Why toss out the egg shells? Have Nigel turn them into powder (blenderize) and fill up empty gel-caps, and voila! You've got homemade calcium tablets!

Or if you ever get your own chicken, you can roast the shells, crush them, and feed them to your hen. That's my great-aunt's trick.

SC_mommie said...

I always knew I had a kewl brother! I'm so glad others think he's kewl, too!!

Lois said...

GEO -- feeding egg shells to a chicken? Is that cannibalism? You're too fun.

SC MOMMIE -- yes, he's awesome, just like his little sister.