What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

She's a keeper...

...the keeper of the gates of Hell!

OK, this is sometimes how we describe Alice-Grace. But I must admit I love her spirit.

While Frances and Jeffrey are obedient and good, they live their lives practically strapped to my legs, cowering at the world around them. Alice-Grace, on the other hand, can be found crawling on a complete stranger's lap to get a ride on her electric wheelchair. Wheee!

My other kids would starve to death if I wasn't there to wait on them hand and foot. Alice-Grace is an expert at pouring glasses of milk, getting ice-cream out of the freezer, and making herself bowls of cereal. Of course, she's also an expert at spraying Cheez-Whiz all over her head.

Alice-Grace is not only willing, but enthusiastic about folding and putting away laundry, loading the dishwasher and scrubbing the tub. Then again, she's also the one who makes most of the messes in the house.

Most of all, I love Alice-Grace because she faces life head on, full of adventure and with complete confidence that everyone she meets will love and adore her.

And of course, they do.

6 comments:

Am'n2Deep said...

I love to see children who are so happy and full of life! Yay for Alice-Grace!!

Rynell said...

My middle boy sounds very much like Alice-Grace. He is so confident, sociable, messy, quick to help, obstinate, observant of everything, problem solving and a definite challenge to keep up with.

MKV said...

I met Alice-Grace for the first time in June '07...

As we walked across the park, I was telling my husband who so-n-so was from afar (this was his first time meeting a lot of my pals from high school). Even though I'd not met her I said, "That is Lois' kid I can tell it from here."

Alice-Grace was rocking herself (or should I say self-propelling herself) like a mad-woman on the springy horse thing on the playground and enjoying it like there was going to be no tomorrow!

Lois said...

AMN2DEEP -- yes, I love kids that skip everywhere they go.

RYNELL -- maybe when they get older we should set them up on a date.

MKV -- I always love it when you make comments! I miss you so much. Thanks for the cute Alice-Grace story.

Geo said...

My favorite thing about alice-Grace will always be her "goin' real fast hair." I can hardly wait till she starts her writing career.

Lois said...

GEO -- since Nigel has been doing the "mayonnaise treatment," Alice-Grace's hair isn't nearly as fast.

Yeah, we'll have to see what our little author will write about (maybe I should watch what I do and say around her).