What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Friday, February 29, 2008

Yell-King

Nigel and my kids say that I love yelling.

For the record, I don't love yelling. Just because I do something a lot doesn't mean I love it.

Every time I yell, I hear the little Dr. Phil that lives in the back of my head asking, "So, how's that working for you?"

Not well.

Maybe I should've given up yelling for lent. Instead, I gave up snitching chocolates from the candy bowl at work whenever I turn in my paperwork to the office.

I'm convinced that I don't yell. I'm just a passionate loud talker.

5 comments:

Carina said...

I found out how much I need to yell everyday when I lost my voice to the flu/anthrax this month.

It stunk.

I yell a lot, apparently.

SuziQ said...

I thought the candy bowl was looking unusually full! :)

Lois said...

AZUCAR -- you, yell? I don't believe it. Why would you ever yell?

SUZIQ -- yeah, your mother kids me about it every time I go in there.

Geo said...

I haven't heard you from my house. I say yell a little louder.

Lois said...

GEO -- we had this lady that lived next to us that would scream in Chinese at the top of her lungs to her kids (she had three boys all one year apart -- who wouldn't scream?). One day, Frances says to me, "I can speak Chinese" and then started yelling like crazy. Too funny.