What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Monday, February 18, 2008

Mermaid Myrna

I do love my sister, Myrna.

I mostly love her because she does her own thing. I come from a long line of volleyball players. Volleyball is our life. We all play.

But not Myrna. She swam.

Swim? We don't swim. We flounder, we gasp, we thrash around -- we don't swim.

Myrna didn't just swim, she was on the the swim team, she was a life guard, she taught swimming lessons for years and years and years, she's a swim teach coach.

Why does she swim? "Because everyone else played volleyball."

How can you not love that?

5 comments:

XANA-DIVA-DELUX said...

You could sing that old song to her..."like a fish out of the water..." That would be so cool. I want a sister like Myrna.

Lois said...

XANA-DIVA-DELUX -- hm, don't know that song.

Rynell said...

I think I prefer swimming. But I love me some sand volleyball. Ever played? It's right up my alley--you get to fall down and it doesn't hurt.

Geo said...

Rats, I stink at both.

Lois said...

RYNELL -- I've burned my feet many times playing beach volleyball. That's why you always see the pros on TV playing in socks. I could never jump very high in sand (and I can't jump that high on wood, either).

GEO -- yeah, I stink at both, too. Doesn't stop me from doing it.