What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

"Rock Lobster" Rocks

I love the B-52s. The bouffants, the crazy clothes, the silly lyrics, the danceable beats, all of it. It started when I was a young girl hearing the fabulous guitar riff from "Rock Lobster" wafting from my brother, J.D.'s, bedroom.

In fact, I love all happy, fun music. Sure, occasionally I'm in the mood for some super depressing song like "Girlfriend in a Coma," but that doesn't last long. Just play some B-52s and I'm bopping around the house, happy as a clam.

Nothing can get you down as long as you have a B-52s song in your heart (that should be a Hallmark card, shouldn't it?).

8 comments:

Am'n2Deep said...

I did love my B-52's cd. Wonder what happened to it? Hmmm.

My daughter loves to put on UB40's music.

debi9kids said...

LOVE the B-52s!!!! (can't ever frown when that is on!)

dalene said...

Amen!

Jillybean said...

Down

down

down

down
down
Lobster, rock lobster,
Lobster...
AAA AAAA AAA AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Lois said...

AMN2DEEP -- UB40 is good, too. Frances is way into "High School Musical." I can't wait until Zach Efron (is that his name?) is as embarrassing to have had a poster of as Shawn Cassidy.

BOUFMOM9 -- definitely a "no frowning zone" while listening to "Love Shack."

CW -- yes, sister, amen.

JILL -- you got it, girl!

rabidrunner said...

When I feel like escaping the world, I play "Private Idaho". We all know Idaho is out of this world.

Geo said...

"Butterbean" is the B-52s song in my heart.

Lois said...

RABIDRUNNER -- yeah, "Private Idaho" is a good one. We went on a family trip to Idaho last summer and had a great time chasing crickets in Inkom. Now that's a vacation!

GEO -- "52 Girls" is my personal favorite.