What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Monday, February 25, 2008

Ella, ella, ella

I'm such a geek because I love that "Umbrella" song. It's not the tune, or the beat, or the singing, it's the fact that it's a song with the word umbrella in it! Who came up with that? Imagine pitching that song in a meeting: "I want to write a song about umbrellas. It'll be a big hit!" I'm sure that writer was thrown out of the room many times.

There's a hymn I know with the word "bubble" in it. Bubble? In a church hymn? Now that's a song that I want to sing! Too bad we never sing all the verses of it, so we don't get to the bubble part. I'm going to have to kidnap the chorister so I can take over the song choices and sing it.

I know most songs are about love and loss, but give me a good song about umbrellas and bubbles and I'm in heaven.

4 comments:

b. said...

I really like that song too. The girl that sings it is a little full of herself though.

So, are you going to tell us which song has the word bubble in it? I'm too lazy to go looking myself.

Lois said...

B -- the "bubble" song is hymn #273 "Truth Reflects upon Our Senses" by Eliza R. Snow. Check out the 5th verse.

Geo said...

I don't remember that verse. Please tell me there's nothing about toil and trouble.

Lois said...

GEO -- sorry, no toil, but there is trouble.