What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Saturday, February 16, 2008

We all scream for...

...ice cream. Who doesn't love ice cream?

I love ice cream, but I don't like to have it in my house. I believe that ice cream should be something special. You should go OUT for ice cream. It should be an occasion.

The highlight of my year is free ice cream cone day at Ben & Jerry's (I tried to convince Nigel to get a job there once -- I figured he was a shoe-in because of his beard and his propensity to wear tie-dye, then every day would be free ice cream day for me).

My favorite ice cream flavor is Chocolate Malted Crunch from Thrifty's Drug Store. It was only 25 cents a scoop (and the scoops were square -- SQUARE!) when I was little and it was delicious chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips and little white malt balls. Yum, yum. I wonder if they still serve it. I wonder if there's still Thrifty's Drug Stores.

I have a coupon for a free scoop of ice cream at 31 Flavors for Alice-Grace's upcoming birthday. We'll have to make a night of it.

4 comments:

Am'n2Deep said...

I'm with you...if I actually buy ice-cream, I usually end up throwing it out after it's sufficiently freezer burned. Ice cream is for going out.

dishes and laundry said...

I love ice cream! Can't have it in my house though - I will eat it and eat it until it's gone.

Cartoon on my fridge: A woman is eating directly out of a pint container,says to her friend "Actually, I'm under the care of two therapists: Ben and Jerry."

Ice cream is the language of love at my house. Yum!!

Geo said...

I just signed us up for free Coldstone on our birthdays. Also Red Robin and Noodles & Co. Can't wait!

Lois said...

AMN2DEEP -- yeah, our ice-cream either gets slimy or crystally.

DISHES & LAUNDRY -- yeah, my sister is obsessed with ice cream. She has gallons and gallons of it in her fridge. I don't get it.

GEO -- you are the queen!