What I've Been Reading Instead of Cleaning My House

Monday, December 10, 2007

Rocking Around the Christmas Tree

One of my favorite things to do at Christmas time is turn off all the lights (except for the Christmas tree lights) and crank up festive holiday tunes and dance like a crazy person. Right now my children are young enough to dance with me, but soon they'll be teenagers and absolutely horrified by their mother dancing, so I have to take advantage of all the Christmases I have left.

TOP FIVE CHRISTMAS DANCE PARTY TUNES

  1. "Christmas in Hollis" by Run DMC -- I'm sorry, but this is hands down THE best Christmas song ever! Can't wait for the Mo-Tab to do their version.
  2. "I Saw My Baby Wearing Santa's Beard" by They Might Be Giants -- my daughter Alice-Grace sings this "I saw my baby wearing Santa's bib," which makes more sense.
  3. "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" by Bare Naked Ladies and Sarah McLachlan (I also like Bare Naked Ladies' version of the Hanukkah song).
  4. "I Pray on Christmas" by Harry Connick Jr. -- this song started my love affair with bluesy Christmas rock.
  5. "Silent Night" by Tiger Fire -- I'll admit it. I absolutely loathe the song "Silent Night" (I know, yet ANOTHER reason why I'm going to rot in hell), but I love this version because I can dance a mean "robot" to it.

5 comments:

dalene said...

Dance Lois Dance!

Geo said...

I think we need to have a Christmas dance!

Lois said...

CW -- I will dance, with abandon!

GEO -- aren't you the one who likes to sleep under the Christmas tree?

Geo said...

Yep.

Lois said...

GEO -- you are too cute.